Subscribe to the newsletter if you would like to be informed about the worshops of the congress (form in the right of this page). Other workshop will take place in the congress program. More information on this workshop will be available soon on this webpage.
ICT-AGRI Era-net for sustainable food and agriculture
Subtopics: Seven years with ICT-AGRI ; Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda ; Priorities for the next ICT-AGRI.
ICT-AGRI is an ERA-NET for ICT and robotics for a sustainable agriculture. The main goal of this workshop is to consult the research and developer community concerning the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda and the priorities for the next ICT-AGRI. ICT-AGRI is preparing a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda which is intended for general use by national and international funding organizations, and ICT-AGRI is organizing calls. The workshop is of interest for researchers and developers seeking funding of projects.
The workshop format is :
- Introduction to the workshop and the topics
- Participant contributions in a World Café style
- Wrap up
The workshop is open for all conference participants
More information : Iver Thysen, manager of ICT-AGRI era-net, Iver.email@example.com
Website : www.Ict-agri.eu
Online teaching and active learning: Flipping the classroom
This workshop is intended for Individuals with teaching and extension education responsibilities interested in acquiring knowledge and skills for online, active learning and flipped classroom instruction. The objectives are for the participants to:
- Describe flipped classroom principles and pedagogy.
- Identify required resources for successful delivery of a course in a flipped classroom format.
- Understand the foundational skills required to develop online and face-to-face materials for flipped classroom delivery.
The workshop will be conducted as a presentation focused on introductory concepts related to:
- Online learning. A review will be conducted of online teaching/learning experiences by diverse institutions with a special focus on improving quality or learning and reducing the cost of instruction. In addition, the ADDIE methodology will be presented to familiarize teaching faculty with the development process of an online course. Barriers and conditions for success will be reviewed, including: required services and infrastructure, faculty and student competencies and skills, and required operational support.
- Flipped classroom. The flipped classroom methodology will be presented, including learning theory, research findings, and the development and implementation of course modules for use with this innovative pedagogy.
Professors, extension service specialists who want to improve their educational skills are welcome.
This workshop is organized by the University of Turin, dept. DISAFA. DISAFA has an active collaboration with the University of Florida for what concern innovative learning methods. The university of Florida is currently the most successful in the USA in this field. Since 2014 UNITO offered flipped classroom project with students of the agri-food science and technology curricula of UNITO. These skills will be shared with other partners and the trainers to implement the flipped classroom.
This methodology is used in 3 Erasmus+ projects and the main guidelines will be presented here.
More information: Remigio Berruto, Patrizia Busato, Patrizia.firstname.lastname@example.org