On thursday (July, 6th), the congress technical tour aims at providing an overview of the Digital Agriculture sector in the region of Montpellier. Therefore it includes several visits of the main local stakeholders:
- The Remote Sensing Center and the GEOSUD Project: Discover the last french trends in geoinformation and earth observation
- A demonstration of the uses of a LIDAR and its application to spraying control by the French Vineyard Institute
- Domaine du Chapitre – Experimental and learning farm of Montpellier SupAgro-INRA: In the vineyards you will discover the practical uses of digital agriculture tools.
- The Agro-Digital Studio: the first incubator in France dedicated to Digital Agriculture
- The M3P Platform: A presentation of digital technologies impacts high-throughput phenotyping (to be confirmed).
- And also a typical country-style lunch from the south of France in the vineyards !
The tour will start at 09:00 from Montpellier SupAgro and will end at 16:30 on this same place.
Remote Sensing Center and the GEOSUD Project
The GEOSUD project (GEOinformation for Sustainable Development) is the result of a long-term strategic vision developed in the mid-2000s by the partners of the Remote Sensing Center in Montpellier (AgroParisTech, CIRAD, IRD, Irstea). The overall objective of the project is to develop the uses of satellite imagery by the scientific community and public policy actors in France in the fields of environment, agriculture and territorial development. To this end, the project consists of setting up an Earth Observation Data and Services Infrastructure (DSI), including a direct receiving station for very high resolution satellite imagery, and accompanying user communities to develop and use various products and services derived from satellite images. This project relies on two major funding: the State-Languedoc-Roussillon Region Project Program (CPER 2007-2013) and the “Investments for the Future” Programme (2011- 2019).
Demonstration of the uses of a LIDAR
The French Vineyard Institute will present you its work on the use of Light Detection And Ranging (LIDAR) applied to the reduction of agrochemical products. Therefore you will see how:
- An embedded LIDAR is used in the field to take measurements ;
- The deposit of agrochemical products through innovative sprayers is evaluated.
Ultimately, a short presentation will show you how the data from LIDAR measurements are used to model vegetation and provide tools to farmers helping them reduce their impact on the environment.
Domaine du Chapitre – Experimental and learning farm of Montpellier SupAgro-INRA: In the vineyards you will discover the practical uses of digital agriculture tools
The mediterranaen farm Domaine du Chapitre of Montpellier SupAgro is involved in demonstration and teaching activities about digital technologies for agriculture. As a result, a partnership with digital agriculture companies has been set up and foresees the use of some fifteen solutions marketed on the farm. The objective is to perceive their added value when these technologies are used together on a same farm. A preview of the project will be presented during this technical day.
The Agro-Digital Studio: the first incubator in France dedicated to Digital Agriculture
The Agro Digital Studio is the first incubator in France dedicated to the projects and stakeholders of the Digital Agriculture Sector. Its ecosystem includes teaching, research and the private sector.
Located in a 600 sqm startup ready space in Montpellier, it gathers a team of specialists in order to accompany and support the stakeholders through a adapted methodology. Its area of competence is the identification of creative ideas, project maturation and the shift from concept to commercialization.
The studio’s themes range from IOT to Bigdata and include for instance decision making tools, precision agriculture and robotic.
More details will be posted about the technical tour on this webpage in the coming days. To be kept up to date, subscribe to the newsletter (top right of this page).