A panel session about data and open data in agriculture takes place on Tuesday morning (July, 4th) in the congress program.
Today, the volume of agricultural data created and collected by the farmers’ digital tools, all different from each other, is increasing incredibly fast. Several companies and research institutes all over the world are running new projects and are building business models to help the farmers and/or the contractors to use those data for better yields and achieve a more sustainable agriculture. But lots of questions and issues remain: Open data’s format, interoperability, collect and transport, security and trust, common legislation, property.
Come to the EFITA’s panel July 4th and discuss with our 6 speakers :
- Esteban Feuerstein: CEO at Sadosky Foundation – Associate Professor and Researcher at University of Buenos Aires – Argentina
- Johannes Keizer : Member of the GODAN secretariat and responsible for strategic Partnerships, former FAO’s representative – Italy
- Bruno Prépin : Director at AGRO-EDI Europe – France
- Agnès Robin : Researcher and professor at University of Montpellier – Intellectual property’s specialist – France
- Bernhard Schmitz: Commercial Manager EME, AGCO International GmbH – Germany
- Mehdi Siné : CTO & CDO at API-AGRO, ACTA and Arvalis Institut du Végétal – France.